Lodge Park is a National Trust property in North Gloucestershire, originally built as a grandstand for deer-coursing by Sir John Dutton.
The Household was invited to people the building during a Sealed Knot muster in June 2003, and again in September to provide authentic background for a deerhound drag-coursing event..
Images with the kind permission of the National Trust.
Follow this link to see the National Trust Lodge Park site:
On one occasion alone we took with us the following furniture:
- · 8 tables
- · 2 benches
- · 5 joint stools
- · 12 table carpets
- · 2 Italian embroidered table cloths
- · A table-full of pewter and glass vessels
- · A table-full of pewter and ceramic plates and platters
- · 5 games
- · 2 calculating demonstrations
- · 2 five-pound hand-raised pork pies
- · 1 Single Gloucester Cheese
- · 1 Double Gloucester Cheese
- · 1 Brie cheese
- · 2 Venison pies
- · 2 Game pies
- · 2 Grand Sallets